Bluffview Counseling has designed a a variety of workshops to help couples like you to explore areas in your relationship that can be strengthened and lead you toward a relationship that you never expected. Intensive workshops like ours are an excellent way to enhance the work you are doing in your therapy sessions. It will provide you with a deeper understanding about your relationship and about you individually that will augment your weekly therapy sessions.
Communication is consistently ranked as the number one problem in marriages and committed intimate relationships.
Do you find yourself feeling any of the following?
- Do you have repeated arguments that seem to go nowhere?
- Do communication attempts frequently end in frustration rather than resolution?
- Do you find affectionate and supportive communication happening less often?
Relationships require many different kinds of couple communication skills to be effective, including:
- Listening Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Learning your partner’s “love language"
- Fair Fighting Skills
- Learning how to compromise
You will learn how to:
- End destructive cycles and develop new communication skills using the “Dialogue Tool”
- Resolve longstanding conflicts with compassion and ease
- Recreate the passion, attraction, and intimacy that first brought you together.
- Discover a path to emotional healing and spiritual evolution through your relationship.
- Experience a deep level of empathy and connection with your partner
The intensive workshops will lead you through exercises that you share with your partner, bringing you closer together. You will explore some of your emotional history and learn how that influences both the reason you chose your partner and the reasons that may fuel your defenses. You must learn how to discuss the issues in a way that is loving and safe for both parties.
Unlike many other couples seminars and workshops, which are not education or PowerPoint focused, our couple’s workshops are highly experiential. We present them in a series so that you can learn and practice the communication skills gradually, adding new components with each subsequent workshops. The workshop is facilitated by 2-3 therapists and limited to 3 couples, so that everyone receives focused and individualized therapeutic support.
Cost is $800 per couple
The Schedule Will Be as Follows
9:00 am - 4:00 pm*
*Lunch, refreshments, and lots of loving care and support will also be provided.
Gene Klassen, LPC, CSAT
(214) 390-5800 Ext. 2
Jenny Adams, LPCi, CSAT(C)